Thursday, September 21, 2017

4 New Library Skills Books eBooks To Teach Children Important Library, Literacy and Online Skills!

I had a wonderful surprise today!  My friend Kat from Cantata Learning wrote and told me...

Your books are now available in Capstone Interactive!  

I was so excited!  I have been waiting for this....the moment The Library Skills books that I wrote with Cantata Learning to turn into interactive eBooks!  
All four of The Library Skills are available online in...
Capstone Interactive.  The eBooks have live-voice audio (yes...that is me talking in the beginning) and my wonderful friend Emily Arrow singing throughout the book.  

Emily did a wonderful job at arranging and producing the music for each of the four Library Skills titles.   
First, I opened Find a Book in Capstone Interactive!  
In fact, my daughter Brianna, who hasn't seen the actual books yet, and I read, listened and sang along together over Skype.  She lives in Belgium so it was really special to be able to share the eBooks with her just like you can do in your library and classroom.

The eBooks in Capstone Interactive are perfect for individual, partner and whole group reading at school and home...even on the go.

And with the Library Skills covering important skills such as internet safety, finding a book, manners in the library and fiction and nonfiction, think about the amazing group lessons and projects you will be able to do with these books in front of the class.  I can just picture children singing and dancing while they learn these important skills.  
Once again, Katherine Durst's illustrations amaze me.  They are so fun and adorable!  I know that children will love them too while reading and singing The Library Skills series online.

Combined with Emily's music and singing, they make each one come to life!
The eBooks can be read to them while they turn the pages or auto play can be selected.
The sound of the words or reading can also be turned on and off.

At the bottom of each page, you can see all of the Contents of the eBook including...
 Sheet Music, 
 Glossary and...  
engaging Guided Reading Activities which can easily serve as a meaningful hook to a lesson or project.
In the front of each book there is a page filled with Tips To Support Literacy At Home.  This is an important page to point out to families and teachers too as they can bring this message back to their families as well.

Remember I said all four of The Library Skills are available as eBooks?

YES...and you will find....
 Staying Safe Online, 
 Manners in the Library,
Fiction or Nonfiction and Find a Book in Capstone Interactive.  
You can also stream and download the music...and find the sheet music for each book on the Cantata Learning website.  This makes it very handy for students, teachers, librarians and families to get to the stories and songs anywhere. 
Find a book!  A library full of books and fun is a place where your mind can run. Use these tips to help yourself find a new book on the shelf. 

I know you and your students will love these adorable and fun eBooks.  They will bring lots of fun to your library this year too.

No comments:

Post a Comment