Sunday, August 27, 2017

Here Is The 2017 AASL Best App Collection For You!

My favorite place to find new apps is the AASL Best Apps for Teaching and Learning list every year.
For the last five years, the AASL Best Apps committee have announced 25 of the best apps at the ALA Annual Conference in June.
As the site states, 

The apps foster the qualities of innovation, creativity, active participation and collaboration and are user friendly to encourage a community of learners to explore and discover.  

They are picked within six categories including Books; Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM); Organization and Management; Humanities and Arts; Content Creation; and Off the Beaten Apps.  

You can find the apps here
On the Best Apps for Teaching and Learning website, you will also find other resources including the presentation at the ALA Annual Conference, the Best Apps on Pinterest and an awesome bookmark.
I just love the bookmarks!
I print off the bookmarks every year right away.  I would have them available for the students, teachers and parents to pick up in the library, office, classrooms and even at sporting events in our community.  Now I bring them with me to share with librarians and teachers around the country. 
In fact, you can find all of the past years bookmarks here as well. 
I also created something awesome for all of us to use.  

I pulled together all of the 2017 Best Apps and the resources I have shared above into a special Collection within Destiny Discover.  

Click here to see and use this Collection.  You can share it with teachers, students and parents too.  
And if you are wondering, I created the 2017 AASL Best Websites Collection last week.  
I have been part of the AASL Best Websites committee for the last four years and it has been so much fun being part of the selection process each year.  

This year I am honored to be part of the AASL Best Apps Committee so I will definitely be on the look out for new apps for teaching and learning.  
If you have suggestions, please feel free to submit them here

No comments:

Post a Comment