Friday, January 6, 2017

New Beginnings With Future Ready Librarians and Project Connect!

To kick off 2017, I couldn’t be more excited to join the Future Ready Librarian initiative!


The Future Ready Librarian Framework aligns with my convictions and background as a library leader in Van Meter, Iowa and now throughout the world. Teacher librarians have the power to create incredible and essential change by being leaders, teachers, advocates, connectors, collaborators and so much more for the children, teachers and communities they serve.  
From the time I was a little girl, I wanted to be a teacher. I played library for hours with my sister. As I grew, I realized  I could make a difference within education and lives of young people. I realized my dream and did this as a teacher librarian, where my job allowed me to influence the lives of children and work with other committed educators for  8 years. Now I have this amazing opportunity to share my story and help others make a difference within their libraries, schools, and districts and have direct impact on the lives of children, too..


Through Future Ready Librarians, I will be supporting, promoting and educating others about the importance of school librarians, learning, innovation and all our roles encompass. I believe we are change makers and influencers. After all, we are the ones who can make this change come true.


As I look to the future, I can't help but think of all the ways we can empower Future Ready librarians and teachers around the world to build programs and schools that truly make a difference today and in years to come.   
It’s an honor for me to start this new chapter in my career as the Future Ready and Project Connect Spokesperson, along with a dynamic group of people who share my passion for libraries, learning and the children we serve.  


And with all of you!  

Together, we will make a difference!


To learn more about Future Ready Librarians, please visit the website and get involved in the conversation on the Future Ready Librarians Facebook Group.
And read about Follett's Project Connect too.

This is post can also be found in the Follett Community here.

No comments:

Post a Comment