Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Picture Books To Celebrate Librarians, Libraries and Books!

I have always love books about libraries, reading and books themselves.  

My sister, Heather (who is also a school librarian), and I had lots of favorites when we were little, and even more as we were education majors working in the University of Northern Iowa Youth Department at the library. 
Last year, a dream came true for me as the four books I wrote focusing on important library skills were published by Cantata Learning.  

As we celebrate National Library Week and School Library Month, I am sharing my Library Skills with libraries and classrooms as they celebrate libraries through these wonderful stories and songs. 

We have shared Find a Book, 
 Staying Safe Online, 
 Manners in the Library, 
and Fiction or Nonfiction. 
Last week, I even got to share my books with lots of librarians and educators at the TLA Conference in the Capstone booth, Follett event, and even with my very special friend Liv, who you will find at @thelivbits!   It was so much fun!  

After visiting with a class of first graders today and singing along with Emily Arrow (who wrote and sang in each one of my books) to Find a Book,  I started to think about all of the books I love with libraries, librarians and books in them. 
I brought together this Picture Books and Songs That Celebrate Librarians, Libraries and Books Padlet to share with all of you!  

Now you can read, sing and share these special books as you and your community celebrate these very special library holidays this week, month and all year long. 

Take a look at all of the books included on the Padlet and share your own favorites.  It is easy to do....just double click and add links, words and even a picture of the cover.  

Happy National Library Week and School Library Month, friends.  Have fun reading and singing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment