Monday, August 2, 2021

You've Been Virtually Book'd! Our Monthly eBook Program Using Capstone Connect For All Readers!

 

One of our favorite reading celebrations at Van Meter School are the...
...You've Been Book'd bags and lists that we have shared throughout the year. 

Our students and teachers love hanging the You've Been Book'd posters in their windows, reading the books, checking the boxes and trading them with other classrooms.  
It is so much fun.  You can read all about our You've Been Book'd program here and you will find the first one for this year and back-to-school here in this post.

Last year, as we were learning together virtually, I thought it would be fun and special to take our You've Been Book'd program online and use all of the wonderful eBooks in our Capstone Interactive to make this happen. 
And now, I am getting ready to kick off another year of our You've Been Virtually Book'd program using Capstone Connect, an amazing new platform from our friends at Capstone that connects PebbleGo, PebbleGo Next, Capstone Interactive eBooks and teachers resources in one place with links to use that connect to each resource.
Let me show you how I put the You've Been Virtually Book'd For August choice board together today.
First, I logged into our Capstone Connect
I searched for school eBooks using the Title Search in Capstone Connect. 
When I searched school, it gave me the results eBooks, PebbleGo articles and teacher resources.
For the choice board I created, I needed the book cover and link to the eBook.  

To view the eBook, I clicked on Our School and the eBook...
...opened up in Capstone Interactive.  This let me view the eBook and also grab the cover image. 
I then clicked on Copy Link and took it to the choice board. 
I then went back to the You've Been Virtually Book'd For August choice board I created in Google Slides.  I added the screen shot of the book cover, clicked on the image, and added the link I copied to the image. 
When our students and teachers click on the book covers, it will take them straight to the ebooks within Capstone Interactive.  

We don't even have to login because by using Capstone Connect it takes us directly to the eBooks and PebbleGo resources every time.  

We love our You've Been Book'd program and can't wait to celebrate reading in one more way with our students as we share our You've Been Virtually Book'd program every month! 
I made a template for you to create your own You've Been Virtually Book'd For August and Back-to-School.  You will find it here to make a copy, friends. 


No comments:

Post a Comment