Monday, August 2, 2021

Our August Choice Board Is Here, Friends!

It's back-to-school time and that means a new year of planning wonderful reading, learning, engaging and creative activities, projects and programs for our students, teachers and school community.  

One of the first things I have been working on are the special monthly choice boards. I started putting these together last year for our students and teachers, and had so much fun sharing with all of you and your school communities. 

Each month, I will share the monthly choice board that contains special activities around monthly events like holidays and celebrations; the NEW monthly S.T.E.A.M. choice board; the Virtual Field Trip Buncee, which I add to all the time; and additional rotating resources for coding, reading, making and technology. 

Within the monthly choice boards, I do include other choice boards.  
In the August Choice Board, you will also find the August S.T.E.A.M. Choice Board found here
the Elementary Coding Choice Boards found here, 
Our Virtual Makerspace found here
the Let's Take A Trip Around The World Buncee found here, and...
...the Let's Celebrate Reading Choice Board found here.
I create most of my choice boards in Google Slides and Buncee. With each choice board in Google Slides, I share this with our students and teachers by publishing it to the web. 

In the image above, you can see how to do this by clicking on Share and Publish to the Web. 
The Publish to the Web window pops up that will direct you to publish to the web. It will give you a link that you will copy to share with students and teachers through Google Classroom, Seesaw and any other place you want to share this like social media and through QR codes. 

This is the link to the 2021 August Choice Board that you can share with your students. 

I will explain how I share choice board posters in an upcoming post. 
With each choice board, I also share the link to make edits and changes.  This is the copyable link to the 2021 August Choice Board.  Please feel free to use the choice board with your community and make changes to fit the needs of your learners and teachers. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or need help sharing and creating choice boards.  
I do have a Follett webinar coming up on choice boards too on September 23, 2021 at 2:00pm CST. You will find the link to register for Giving Students Voice and Choice With Collections, Choice Boards and More here in this post

Enjoy the rest of your summer and getting ready for a wonderful new year of school, friends. I hope the monthly and special choice boards will give you and your students special opportunities for reading, learning, creating, collaborating and having fun all year long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment