Tuesday, January 24, 2017

ALA 2017 Youth Media Awards Padlet and Pinterest To Share and Celebrate!

On Monday, January 23 in Atlanta at ALA Midwinter the 2017 ALA Youth Media Awards were announced and celebrated.  

It is always one of my favorite days of the year.  All year long I make predictions and add lots of these books to our personal library.  

Since my daughter Brianna was a little girl, I shared and celebrated them with her too.  She is now 22 and one of the most avid readers I know, so this is a day we both love very much.  

Yesterday after the awards were announced, I shared several of my predictions with Brianna.  I was thrilled that They Saw A Cat won a Caldecott Honor and that March won 4 awards!  

We thought it would be fun to bring them all together to go back to throughout the year and to share with all of you!  
You will find the 2017 ALA Youth Media Awards Padlet here.  When you click on the box, you will find information about each book.
Also, you will find the 2017 ALA Youth Media Awards Pinterest Board here. 

Both of these will be a wonderful resources to add to your library blogs, the home page of Destiny and even send the links out to your students and teachers for them to be easily connected to them too.

Congratulations to all of the YMA winners!  Brianna and I can't wait to see what is in store this year for even more amazing books.

No comments:

Post a Comment