Monday, July 11, 2016

I Am Honored To Be An ISTE Making IT Happen Recipient...The Best 2016 ISTE Conference Surprise!

Last week I was surprised with one of the biggest honors I have ever received.

I was invited to the ISTE Awards Luncheon during the conference in Denver.  Eric and I went and had a wonderful time visiting with friends and colleagues.

Towards the end of the luncheon, they announced seven ISTE Making IT Happen award recipients.

My friend Laurie Conzemius, a wonderful teacher librarian and ISTE Board Member, announced the sixth one.

She read...

I’m especially proud to present this next award because this winner is such a hero in the world of librarians, which of course is near and dear to my heart! She began her career as a teacher librarian in a one-building K-12 school, but quickly grew to become a highly sought-after consultant, speaker and role model for educators around the world.

During her many years as an ISTE member, she has been a leader in the Librarians Network, presented at ISTE and many affiliate conferences, and has been a contributing author for many ISTE
publications. Her list of awards is, well, really long! And I know she deserves every one of them. 

They include:

Library Journal - Movers & Shakers

100+ Influential Learning Professionals To Follow from Edudemic

Faces of Innovation from Broadband for America

Bammy Award Finalist In School Librarian Category

And so many more. But more important than the list are the REASONS why she has been so appreciated. She is a hard-working visionary who consistently shares her ideas, wisdom and encouragement with others. She writes and speaks from experience and is so generous with her insights. She makes the most of every opportunity, then helps others to do the same.

So we’d like to make the most of her today! 

Please help me congratulate Shannon McClintock Miller!
What a honor to be recognized along the other six on this day and with 500 educators from around the world since the inception of the award in 1995.
The Making IT Happen award honors outstanding educators and leaders who demonstrate extraordinary commitment, leadership, courage and persistence in improving digital learning opportunities for students. 

I couldn't be more honored to be part of this wonderful group.   
School Library Journal featured Diana Rendina and myself in the article ISTE Lauds Two School Librarians As Tech Trailblazers.
Diana received the Young Educator Award at the luncheon too.

You can read more about all seven of the Making It Happen recipients here.

Thank you friends for awarding me the Making IT Happen Award at the ISTE Conference.  I love being part of this beautiful, generous community.  

And thank you to all of the young people I have worked with over the years.  Without you, this wouldn't mean a thing.  You mean the world to me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment