Monday, February 12, 2018

The ALA 2018 Youth Media Award Are Here and.....LOOK AT THE NEWS!

One of my favorite days of the year is when the Youth Media Awards are announced at the American Library Association Midwinter Conference.
This year ALA Midwinter was in Denver.
There were several books that I truly wanted to win this year so I couldn't wait to watch! In fact, my family and I watched along in the middle of the night all the way from Chennai, India.

If you missed it, you can watch the recording here.
As my family and I watched from Chennai, India we celebrated over and over as so many wonderful books were announced.
Since the announcements, I have been reading the articles and posts from ALA, School Library Journal, Twitter, Facebook and more.

I started a Collection by Destiny to bring all of these awesome resources together in one spot.  You will find the Announcing ALA's 2018 Youth Media Award Winners here.

I love seeing what is being shared by the publishers, authors, illustrators and all of the librarians celebrating with their children too.  

The video above from Capstone was one of my favorites that were shared as A Different Pond  by Bao Phi and illustrated by Thi Bui received the Caldecott Honor.  This was my TOP pick for the year. 

I will continue to add things as they come in.  Please let me know if you'd like to add anything too.  I would love to have you collaborate with me on this Collection or send me resources and I will add them.
And I am sure you want to bring these books to your readers right away!   

Guess what? 

Our friends at Follett have created the 2018 ALA Youth Media Awards Titlewave List that will make it super quick and easy for you to order your copies today.  You will find this at the top of the Collection. 

I am so happy that lots of you were able to attend the YMA awards. I hope you check out the Collection and all of the resources available to be part of this special celebration too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment