Our friends at Follett Software just came out with a wonderful month-by-month planning calendar for school librarians and library leaders. It's called the K-12 School Library Planning Calendar.
As school librarians, we have so many moving pieces throughout the year, from building our collections and managing circulation to planning programs, tracking data, budgeting, and preparing for what’s next. Having a plan can help make all of that feel a little more manageable.
The K–12 School Library Planning Calendar is a month-by-month guide to help you stay organized, keep important library work on track, and plan ahead. Use it as a starting point, make it work for your school and district, and adjust it to fit your own calendar, priorities, and library needs.
I downloaded the guide and have been using the September page this month. I love how it is broken into three different parts.
The Priorities This Month helped me focus on the things to do as we kick off a new school year. These will really help focus and reflect on what is important to think about each month.All of the suggestions under In Destiny Library Manager were very helpful too. In September, I was making adjustments to library policies so it was great being able to find an article in this section. I will definitely keep these handy throughout the year to remind myself about things I can do in Destiny to make our library run smoother. The last section, Try The AI Assistant, is great! Now that we enable the embedded AI Assistant in Destiny Library Manager, these sample prompts are great in helping use this amazing tool and dream up more ways to use it within our library work too.
You can get the K-12 School Library Planning Calendar here, friends. I know you will love having it handy for your work in the library throughout the year too.







No comments:
Post a Comment