Our students are soooo excited about the new 3D printers we have in our Makerspace. They ask me about them all the time. Throughout the year, they will all have a chance to create something on the 3D printers. I also want to create opportunities for our students to use the 3D printers in other ways.
Today, I created two 3D printing activities for our students to participate while in the library and Makerspace.This first one is for all ages. It is one even our youngest learners can participate in successfully too.
In this activity, students look at a little photograph of something that our 3D printer is printing. I set up the poster in Canva here to allow us to switch out the magnifying glass each week to show the clue.
Do you see how I put a little clue in that one above? It is easy to do because it is a frame within the Canva.
Can you guess what it is?
When students come up to that little station shown at the top of this post, they will be able to read the poster, look at the clue, and then pick up an I Spy.... sheet to draw or write their guess in the blank. They need to add their name and grade to participate in the contest.
You will find the I Spy...Activity Cards here.
The poster will help also help them to think about what the 3D printer is making with three prompts.
They need to turn in their guess by Friday. One winnter will be randomly picked each week to win the 3D print that was featured in the clue.
I can't wait to kick this off next week. I also can't wait to hear what you do in your library and Makerspace.




No comments:
Post a Comment