Thursday, September 13, 2018

Use Google Classroom To Share News & Resources With Your Teachers

On Monday and Tuesday of this week, I was lucky to teach, share and learn alongside almost 40 Future Ready Librarians at the Future Ready Institute in Ohio.

As we discussed the different wedges of the Future Ready Librarian Framework and roles we have, I gathered ideas on a piece of paper that really stuck out to me and ones I wanted to put into place in our library.

One of my favorite ideas came up as we talked about curating resources and sharing them with teachers.
I spoke about how awesome Collections by Destiny are to curate resources and share with teachers and students. We also brainstormed and shared ideas on the best ways to get the word out about all of the things we do as we gather, curate and share them too.
One new teacher librarian friend from Ohio gave me the BEST idea!  As I was sharing how we created Google Classrooms for each elementary class this week, she said,

I created a Google Classroom for my teachers too.  This is how I share resources and news with them.  
Brilliant!  I love this idea!  In fact, during our next break at the Institute, I created the new Elementary Library Shared News & Resources For Teachers Google Classroom.

This will be a place for us to share news from the library and around the school such as author Skype's, new books, special projects, events, and more.  We will also be sharing lots of resources such as book talks and trailers, Collections by Destiny, blog post links, AEA Resources, and much, much more!  The possibilities are endless!

Every time we post in our Library Google Classroom, the teachers will get an alert in their email.  If they use the Google Classroom app on their device, they will get these updates pushed out to them too. This will not only mainstream the things we are sharing, it will also be nice to go back and look year and year at what was shared.  I find this one of the most helpful pieces of Google Classroom.

As we get our Elementary Library Shared News and Resources For Teachers Google Classroom all set up and running, we will share even more from this wonderful project.  

No comments:

Post a Comment