Sunday, April 23, 2023

Check Out Stickity....A FREE Add-On That Integrates Digital Stickers Into Google Slides and Google Docs!

I have been using the coolest new add-on for Google Slides and Google Docs! 
It's called Stickity! 
Stickity is a FREE add-on that seamlessly integrates digital stickers into Google Slides and Google Docs.
Stickity was created by the amazing Lauren Heil. Her blog post, Seeing is Believing: The Impact of Icons on Classroom Management, tells the story behind Stickity and the important of using icons with students.

As shared online, 

Stickity’s mission is to create innovative and engaging digital stickers that remove learning barriers for students with disabilities and English language learners, empowering them to reach their full potential in the classroom. Never let the “how” get in the way of the “what”. Communicate common expectations with icons for noise level, materials and work style. Increase independence and ease navigation with content support stickers that show AND tell. Scaffolding and differentiation has never been easier, and providing feedback is a breeze. Every student has the right to an equal and fulfilling education, and Stickity strives to make a positive impact on the lives of both students and educators around the globe.
You can get the add-on Stickity for Docs here and Stickity for Slides here.  I got both of the add-ons at the same time and then went right to my Google Slides and Google Docs. 

Let me show what to do next!  
I will show you what I did when I was in Google Slides. I clicked on Extensions at the top and found Stickity for Slides.  I went there and clicked on Open. 
Stickity opened up on the right hand side of my Google Slides. I love the first little tip... Create consistency with classroom management by using the expectations icons in the same spot on each slide. 

I clicked on Explore Expectations Icons and...
...scrolled through all of the different icons. 
Then using the little icons on the top, right under Stickity, I looked through all of the different types of icons. There are icon stickers for anything we need. 

Take a look at everything Stickity includes...
I even started a Google Slide, added a cork board background and added some stickers. 

The cool thing about the stickers...They are animated too!  You can go here to the Google Slide I created to take a look at all of the sticker icons I added. 

I can't wait to share Stickity with my teachers and friends.  I won't only use this with students...I will use it with teachers and within professional development presentations too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment