Monday, August 29, 2022

Our "Novel Effect Libraries" Are Open To Bring Stories To Life All Year Long!

 

I love that we are bringing stories to life this year in our library and classrooms with Novel Effect.

As shared on their website

The Novel Effect app responds to your voice with interactive music and sound effects, creating magical moments when you read aloud from children's books. 

With all of our teachers using Novel Effect with our school subscription, I created a place in our library where they can pick up books that include the soundscapes. 
First thing I did was visit the Novel Effect website to the Additional Learning Resources here. You will find five different stickers that you can download and print for the books on your shelves. 
Once you download one, it will give you the Avery sticker information and directions for printing them. 
I went through the list of books that include the Novel Effect soundscapes and added the sticker to those books.
I also created a poster in Canva to post on the special Novel Effect bookshelf and within the library.  I will drop one off with all of our teachers, along with stickers of their own personal books in their classroom collections too. 

You can use this template of the poster to make your own.
If you want to learn more about using Novel Effect, you can watch the recording of the webinar, Creative Ways To Help Children Love Reading, my amazing friend Kathi Kersznowski and I did in August here.

Happy Reading, friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment