Saturday, August 20, 2022

Check Out The Newly Designed & Updated PebbleGo & Capstone Interactive Platform!

 

We start a new school year next week and I am so excited to share the newly designed and updated PebbleGo and Capstone Interactive platform with our students and teachers. 

The updated design and features will bring enhanced discoverability, fewer logins, fewer URLs and will make it easier for our students to find and start reading and learning with PebbleGo and the Capstone Interactive eBooks. 
The biggest change is that all three are now in the PebbleGo platform. You can see three tabs at the top... PebbleGo, PebbleGo Next and eBooks. I was so happy when I saw the eBooks tab for the first time and had so much fun showing that to our teachers at the library open house yesterday. 
PebbleGo and PebbleGo Next launch just like before when the tabs are clicked, 
but when the eBooks tab is clicked, it opens up into the amazing NEW Capstone Interactive platform that houses the all access read-aloud eBooks that are part of your schools eBook collection. 
Capstone Interactive now has four main search categories at the top. When you click on one of these categories, it will open up into even more. 

For example, I want to look for eBooks about Fish. I click on the Non-Fiction button and it opens up...
...into lots of Non-Fiction categories. I click on Animals and Capstone Interactive opens up...
...into several Animal categories. I click on Fish...
...and all of the Capstone Interactive eBooks pop up.  I select one that I want to open by clicking on the eBook cover. 
It first gives us information about that particular eBooks. The citation can be found at the bottom of the page too. 

I love how it shows more in the series. It also has an easy copy-link feature to post one-click access for students in programs such as Google Classroom, Seesaw and more. I love using the one-click access for all of the choice board I create for our teachers and students. It's one of the best tools out there! 

School librarians can request free MaRC records for 1-click access from your library catalog. 
When you click on Open, the eBook opens in the new Capstone Interactive reader.  
They can select Autoplay and control the pages at the bottom. The one-click access and citation is included in this view as well. 
I can't wait to show our students this week on their Chromebooks and iPads. They will be so excited! 
You can learn more about and start your free trial of Capstone Interactive here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment