Sunday, April 12, 2020

Coloring Fun....Online and Printable Coloring Resource Collection For All!

As we spend time together at home, I found a few art activities we could do as a family. 

I broke out the big box of crayons, fancy drawing pencils and this new...
 ...coloring book, Life In Color, A Coloring Book for Bold, Bright, Messy Works-In-Progress, from  Capstone.
I love this coloring book from 12 awesome artists, because each page is unique and fun, focusing on different themes as shown on the back. 

You can find this coloring book here
As I sat there coloring, I thought about how much our students love coloring. It doesn't matter what age they are, when you get our crayons, markers and other drawing materials, along with coloring sheets and even blank paper, they will color.  It brings a sense of community and creativity. It makes us feel good. It's fun. 

And coloring is something we can do by ourselves or together. 
I also thought about this post I wrote a few years ago called Community Coloring and Creating...It's All The Rage in Libraries, Schools and At Home.  In this post,  I shared lots of ideas and places to go for coloring sheets and resources.  

As our students and families are learning and spending lots of time together right now at home, I thought it I would bring together lots of places they could find coloring sheets, online coloring activities and even augmented reality coloring resources like Quiver. 
I brought them all together in the new Coloring Fun Collection by Destiny that you will find here
 
I love the sites that let us color online and the awesome activities in the Idea Lab from Buncee like this one for Easter. 
You can search for the Color Your Own Easter Eggs in the Buncee Idea Lab here.  
I added the Coloring Fun Collection to the Collection Set for Continuous Learning that I have been pulling together over the last couple of weeks.  

Have fun exploring and coloring....and share this Coloring Fun Collection with your families, students and friends for a little relaxing, fun and creativity too. 

1 comment: