Monday, October 1, 2018

From Kenya to Iowa....A Skype With Livingston and Our 4th Graders!

Today was awesome!  
We Skyped my dear friend Livingston Kegode from Kenya into Van Meter, Iowa with....
...Kate Lamoureux's 4th graders.  
As I wrote in this post on my blog, last week we Skyped with my daughter, Brianna, in Belgium as we kicked off making global connections with others to hear about their libraries, literacy, schools and life in places around the world.  It was such a special way to start these conversations with our students in Iowa. 
As Livingston and I are both Skype Master Teachers, making global connections for our students,  teachers and community is very important to us.  In fact, that is how Livingston and I met. 
 As Livingston Skyped with our 4th graders, we talked about libraries, books,
schools,
and lots of other things about this beautiful place Livingston lived. 

Today, it was just Livingston, but we will soon be Skyping with his students too.  We cannot wait to make these connections and learn together throughout the year. 

Thank you Livingston!  You are making such a difference in the world, our friend.  

And thank you to our 4th graders and Mrs. Lamoureux for inviting Livingston and I into your classroom today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment