Monday, December 30, 2013

Sharing The Most Important Pieces Of Us With Each Other

The best thing I have ever done you can see in these faces.

My three children. Brianna, who is 19; Brady, who is almost 17; and little Hagan, who is 8 years old.

They are beautiful, caring, friendly, smart, funny, witty, and strong.  I love all of them more than anything for so many reasons of their very own.
The sweetest thing about the holidays, any break, or even any day for me is the time I get to spend with them.  Time to just take them in by talking, laughing, hanging out, playing, listening, helping, taking care of of them, cooking for them, reading, and doing things together.

As we all go through the holiday, I have loved seeing all of the photographs and messages about your families too....on Twitter, Facebook, through texts, and when we get together or see each other out and about.  It makes me happy and smile to see how we all share these very special little pieces of ourselves....the parts that make us who we are.
It is through the holidays, births, deaths, vacations, birthdays, and all of life events that we really get to know one another.  Through the best times, the ordinary good times, the sad and scary times, and all the times in between.

We get to share those special times with everyone which makes our friendships and connections even stronger.  I love how this happens.  I am always thankful when I get to know all of you in these ways because my family and friends are so very important to me too.

The most important pieces of me.

Thank you friends for sharing this part of you with all of us.  I am happy everyone is enjoying the holiday season and hope you all have a blessed and amazing new year too.
                        
And remember....

The things that mean the most are the little moments, the little pieces.....the sweet, real things we share about us.  Just as in all of these photographs of my family Christmas at my parents farm, the farm I grew up on, where my family has lived forever.

By sharing these pieces it makes us more connected as we make a difference in the world we all live in.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your heart and sentiment expressed in this blog post! I feel exactly the same way! :) Happy New Year to you, my friend and inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete