Friday, January 19, 2024

You've Been Virtually Book'd With Popular Manga For Your Readers....A Special Program and List I Use Within Our Destiny Discover & Library Each Month!

Our readers love manga!  We can't even keep it on the shelf.  

I love visiting book stores and other libraries to see what manga they have in their collections.  It gives me so many new ideas for titles and authors.  I also love looking for manga series that our readers enjoy. 

And most of all, I love hearing what manga our kids are reading and recommending. 

This month, I put together the You've Been Virtually Book'd With Popular Manga For All Readers choice board filled with 19 special manga titles. 

Let me show you how I set up this choice board for my school community. 

First, I created the choice board in a Google Slide.  I added the covers of the 19 books I included in the list.

Second, I went to our Destiny Discover and grabbed the links to each book. 

This is easy to do.  You just search for the book, click on the three little dots in the entry
and the drop down menu shown in the image above will appear. 
Click on Share and the link to the book will pop up. That is the url to share in the choice boards. 

I love how I can also download the QR Code.  Isn't that cool? 
Take the copied link and add it to the book cover.  

When every book cover is linked, you are ready to share the choice board. 
Go to File and down to Publish to the web.  
This will give you a link to share with the students and teachers.  
When they click on that published link, the You've Been Virtually Book'd With Popular Manga For All Readers choice board will pop up. They can then click on each book cover to find them in our Destiny where they can read more about the book, find them in our library and even put them on reserve. 

I am excited about this list of 19 special new books I put together in Titlewave.  In this choice board, you can click on any book cover to view in Titlewave and find the full book list there too. 

If you want to make a copy to add your own Destiny Discover links from your library, click here

I hope you and your readers enjoy checking out all of this awesome manga. What would you add to this choice board, friends?  I would love to know what manga your readers love too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment