Friday, January 19, 2024

Creating An Interactive, Engaging and Fun Place For Our Students To Learn and Explore With Capstone Connect!

This week, I had a fun request from our first grade teachers. 

They are collecting postcards from around the world . They asked me to find resources and create a choice board to help the first graders learn about places in the United States and around the World. 

My first stop for creating choice boards and other resources is always Capstone Connect.  

Capstone Connect is an educator-facing platform that brings all of your Capstone digital products together in a theme-based, searchable way.
For this choice board, I search states, counties, continents and the world.  

When I search Continents, 
several resources came up including PebbleGo articles and Capstone Interactive eBooks. 

I found the resources I was going to include in the choice board for our first graders, took screen shots to put together the choice board, and grabbed the links from Capstone Connect...
....to add to the book covers in the choice board. 
I also added a link to Google Earth so they can explore and learn about the places their postcards came from. 
I also found a Google Earth Outreach Tour of schools around the world. You will find it here.
Our first graders will find the choice board engaging and fun to explore with all of these resources. 
You can make a copy of this choice board and link it to your PebbleGo article links, Capstone Interactive eBooks and other resources. 

To share with your students, go to File, Publish to the Web, and share that published link. 

Reach out if you have any questions, friends. I am happy to help you. I hope you can use this choice board and resources with your students too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment