Saturday, July 30, 2022

Bringing Reading To Life With Novel Effect and Their Amazing Book Activities! There Is Something For EVERY Reader!

One of my favorite digital tools to use in our library and classrooms is Novel Effect
As shared on their site, 

Novel Effect brings stories to life!  The Novel Effect app follows along with interactive music and sound effects, creating magical moments when you read aloud with a child. 

At the 2022 ISTE Conference earlier this summer, I had the honor of joining my friends from Novel Effect in their booth to read one of my favorite Far Out Fairy Tales...
My friend, and fellow teacher librarian, Gina McKnight, and I had so much fun reading Ninja-rella in the booth that day. You can catch our read aloud with Novel Effect here in this tweet

As I was preparing for this special read aloud, I also found one of the BIGGEST treasures! 
Under Resources on the Novel Effect site, you will find Book Activities
This link takes you to dozens and dozens of amazing book activities and learning resources.  Novel Effect shares, 

With Novel Effect's learning resources parents, teachers and librarians build connections with little learners before during and after read alouds. These educator-developed lessons and activities help guide discussions and pair with our soundscapes for popular children's picture books. 
I started by looking up Ninja-rella! I was so excited to find this plan that included 12 Activities, a Tech Tip, Learning Targets and even the QR code that will open the soundscape! 

You will find the Novel Effect Activity Plan for Ninja-rella from Capstone here

And take a look at a few of the others....
Each is packed with wonderful experiences, activities and resources for our students, teachers and librarians. 
And guess what?  

Novel Effect has a special ending tonight at 11:59pm PST for Friendship Day. You will find the tweet and details here
I can't wait to use Novel Effect with all of our teachers and students this year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment