Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Making Our Very Own Table & Experience To Go Along With Peter Reynolds Newest Book, Our Table

 

I love sharing new picture books with my family and the students and teachers I work with at my school and in the library. 

One picture book that is a new favorite is Our Table, by my dear friend Peter H. Reynolds. 
Our Table came out last week.  In fact, Eric and I stopped in to see Peter and his brother Paul at their book store, The Blue Bunny, in Dedham, Massachusetts last week. I picked up my own copy of Our Table, and lots of others, while I was there. It was such a special visit.
As shared from the publisher,  

Violet longs for the time when her family was connected: before life, distractions, and technology pulled them away from each other. They used to gather at the table, with food and love, to make memories, share their lives, and revel in time spent together. But now her family has been drifting apart, and with nobody to gather around it, the table grows smaller and smaller. Can Violet remind her family of the warmth of time spent together and gather them around the table once more?

This is the perfect story for every family, and even for classrooms as we discuss being a family within our school communities too.  
Our Table is part of our You've Been Book'd list this month and will travel around to our classrooms to share with students and teachers.  
I also added it to our You've Been Virtually Book'd With These Picture Books! choice board.  I found the eBook of Our Table while ordering these new picture books this month. 

You will find the choice board and links here.
As Our Table makes its way around our school, I thought it would be fun to paint a little table and chair to move around with the book.  

I found this little wooden doll house furniture table and chair, and...
... the golden yellow paint on Amazon. 
As the book travels around, the table and chairs will too.  I am looking forward to the conversations it brings to our classrooms, and to the ones they bring home too. 

Thank you, Peter for this sweet reminder and for bringing all of us yet another favorite book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment