One of my favorite things about being a librarian is talking to our students and teachers about what they love to read and what they would love to see in our library. Now with our new Makerspace open too, they are giving me all kinds of ideas on what else they would love to see in that space too.
So today, I made a book and Makerspace suggestion box!
I found this suggestion box on Amazon here. I love how it has a place to add a sign and slips for the kids to write their suggestions on.
I really wanted it to be bulldog blue so Eric spray painted it for me. If you do this, make sure you take the lock out first and put it back in when it is dry.
I made a sign in Canva that matched the exact dimensions of 6.75 x 4.25. You will find the template here.
It matches our new decorations too!
I made the little slips they can write on in Canva too. I wanted them to have enough room to write and share. You will find the template here.
I just copied on white paper, cut them in half, and added them to the front of the suggestion box, along with a couple pencils.
When the kids and teachers come to the library, they will see it right away. I can't wait to see what they suggest for our library and Makerspace this year.








No comments:
Post a Comment