Sunday, December 5, 2021

Let's Listen To A Podcast...A NEW Choice Board For Elementary Readers & Learners!

My friend and 2nd grade teacher, Tracy Ferguson, reached out to me recently and asked if I could create a choice board for her readers with podcasts they could visit and listen to. 
I met with two of her students so they could tell me what kind of stories they wanted to listen to, which was super helpful.  They mentioned mystery, sports and funny stories. 
In addition to looking on Common Sense Media, the World Read Aloud Day site, and a few other places, I also visited my friend's site, Jeff Glade Tech.  He has amazing curated lists of podcasts around every age level, topic, month and more.  

Since this choice board was for our 2nd graders, I went to his page with Fiction Podcast for Younger Ages. I added several of these to the choice boards and others I found including The Story Seeds and Wow In The World.
You will find the Let's Listen To A Podcast Choice Board here to share with students and families.  
I have already made another page and kids can find Page 2 by clicking on the bottom of the page. 

If you want to make any edits, you can make a copy here.
I added a QR code and bit.ly in the corner to make it easy for kids to use the choice board with any device at school and at home.  You can print this on a piece of paper to share with them too. 

Let me know if there are others that you love. I would be happy to add them to our choice board.  

No comments:

Post a Comment