Monday, April 12, 2021

Kick Off PD With A Virtual StickTogether Stickboard....It Will Be A Hit!

I have a fun new way to kick off professional development events....with a Virtual StickTogether Stickerboard!  

When I presented to my friends in Hawaii last week, I included these two slides. We kicked off our time together by working on a virtual StickTogether stickerboard together online.  
As I put this slide up with the virtual stickerboard code, we watched as everyone joined in and worked together.  It was so much fun to watch the collaboration and the image come to life.  I didn't reveal what it was so they were excited to find out. 
About 20 minutes later as I was presenting, we heard cheers in the background and this popped up on the virtual stickerboard.  

They had completed the stickerboard and found out it was... 
...this little girl reading, which I picked especially for School Library Month. 

This is the first time I used a virtual StickTogether stickerboard at a professional development event.  I have used the actual StickTogether posters before and those are always a hit too. 

And the great thing about doing an activity like this during PD is that everyone will see what it looks like when using it with students. 

To learn more about how the virtual StickTogether stickerboards work, you can visit this post

I can't wait to hear if you try this virtual activity in your upcoming PD events too, friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment