Monday, May 20, 2019

"Look What I'm Reading" Bitmoji Posters

It is so fun seeing posters posted by every teachers door within our school and others that I see through my travel and work. These are such a great way to promote favorite reads and books that their school community might like to read too.  

It is also such an easy, fun and powerful way to celebrate our lives as readers, as they are posted in a place students see them every day.

That is when I thought,  What about if we put a twist on this!  Instead of having a picture of ourselves holding a favorite book, what is we made posters celebrating what we are reading?  Not only could we celebrate one book, but multiple books throughout the year by changing the cover. 
 
And how about using a cute little Bitmoji to make the posters?  Our readers would love these! 
With Bitmoji, anyone can make a personal emoji to use all kinds of ways. One of my favorite ways to use my Bitmoji, is to use them for...
....branding and marketing within the library and school, professionally and with my family and friends too. 
As I worked on this idea, I asked a few of my colleagues, family and friends to send be Bitmoji's of them reading.  Megan,
 Jessica,
 Hagan and I,
 ...Tracy and I,
my sister, Heather, and I,
and even my girl, Brianna and I, celebrating reading through these adorable Bitmoji's.
For my poster, I used a reading Bitmoji to....
...create these super fun posters.
I took the Bitmoji and covered up the book with a square to layer a book cover over the top.
That will make it easy to change between two....
...book covers too. 

As we get ready for the summer, I will work with our teachers to create their Bitmoji Look What I'm Reading posters for all of our classroom doors as we kick off a new year in the fall. 

I can't wait to show off what I'm reading all year long! 

1 comment: