Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Our New Pet "Rocky" Visits Lots Of Awesome Drawings In First Grade

When children's author and my new Twitter friend Tammi Sauer sent me a tweet asking if I would be the home to a little "pet rock" I quickly said "YES."  My friends at Van Meter would LOVE our new pet.  
Tammi created these "pets" to send to her friends and readers celebrating her new book Me Want Pet!  
So one day in the mail, Rocky arrived!  Hagan and I had fun looking inside to find our new pet.  
Last Friday after reading Me Want Pet! I showed the first graders Rocky.  We talked about the setting in different books and all of the places Rocky could visit in our illustrations as well.  They had a great time drawing a place for Rocky to enjoy.  
Tammi wrote about the creation of all her little Rocky's on her blog (this is a picture from her blog too).

Thank you, Tammi for such a wonderful surprise and for writing amazing and FUN books for all of us to love.

We can't wait to have YOU visit our library, too!

2 comments:

  1. The first graders at Van Meter Elementary rock!

    Thank you all so much for creating such amazing adventures for Rocky. Bob Shea better watch out. It looks like he has some serious competition. :)

    Happy reading and writing.
    Tammi Sauer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks as if Rocky has found a great home!

    ReplyDelete