We had some exciting news from our friends at Canva this week! They have launced their education program and teacher resource center! You just have to check out Canva for Education here.....You will love it and all that it has to offer our young people and teachers.
My friend Hannah at Canva shared this wonderful press release with me, explaining more about Canva for Education...
Canva makes educational resources freely available for school teachers to spread visual literacy to students around the world
- Canva launches initiatives aimed at helping teachers educate students to communicate visually
- Partners with teachers to develop lesson plan content and announces advisory board of influential classroom teachers and Edtech consultants
Canva, the web-based graphic design startup, has announced a range of initiatives aimed at supporting teachers to educate students about visual communication. Canva will bring together a new education resource center, complete with teaching materials from an advisory board of classroom teachers and Edtech influencers, as well as a new integration with Google Apps for Education log-in.
With more than 1.8 million users and 15 million designs on its consumer design platform alone, Canva reinforces its commitment to the education space by providing a tool that enables teachers and students to innovate, collaborate, and communicate through visual design. Canva’s new education center is aimed at providing learning resources for teachers looking for dynamic and engaging ways to integrate visual project-based learning into their core curriculum.
“Understanding how to communicate through visual mediums is becoming increasingly important as we live in a world driven by technology and interactive multimedia,” says Canva CEO Melanie Perkins. “By providing teachers with resources centered on teaching visual literacy, we’re facilitating an environment in which students can develop fluency in a skill that will be essential when they enter the workforce.”
In addition to lesson plans authored by classroom teachers, Canva has established an Education Advisory Board comprised of some of the most influential educators in the education technology space. Advisors include thought leaders like Richard Byrne (author of Free Tech 4 Teachers), Vicki Davis (Cool Cat Teacher), and Steven Anderson (#Edchat co-founder), who are internationally respected for their contributions to the education space. Their involvement will include not only creating content for other teachers, but also providing guidance on Canva’s future education initiatives.
Vicki Davis has said of Canva’s education initiatives, “Graphics are an essential part of today’s communication and influence. It isn’t just about making it look pretty. Effective graphics help us better articulate ideas and inspire action.” Richard Byrne said, “Creating with Canva isn’t just about making great visuals, it’s about inspiring ideas too.”
All of Canva’s education and classroom initiatives is available to anyone and can be access by visiting www.canva.com/education.
The key components of Canva’s Education Center are:
- Canva for Education Access
- A drag and drop design tool made for teachers and students. Canva for Education includes Google Apps for Education integration, allowing for easy registration and deployment in the classroom.
- A comprehensive series of workshops and lesson plans designed for teachers to use in the classroom. Teach your students the importance of visual communication with practical classroom activities.
- Educational Advisory Board
- Canva establishes an advisory board of influential teachers in the edtech space. The board provides guidance and insights on the role technology plays in the classroom and day-to-day learning.
Canva for Education is one tool you will definitely want to use within your library and classroom.
We can't wait to see how you use it too.