Saturday, March 9, 2013

It's Time To Start Planning For "Poem In Your Pocket" Day On April 18, 2013...Join Us Too!

We just finished up celebrating LitWorld's World Read Aloud Day, which we celebrate all week long. It is one of my most favorite weeks of the year....and for our school community too. 

And right after World Read Aloud Day in March comes National Poetry Month and Poem In Your Pocket Day in April.  I love this month too. 
Yesterday, my friends and I started to talk about Poem In Your Pocket Day on Twitter.....we just all love these connections, so with World Read Aloud Day celebrating ending we needed something else to plan for next.
I started a Google Doc entitled "Poem In Your Pocket Day" and shared it on Twitter.  Anyone who wants to connect can sign up with their name, Twitter, Skype, times with grade levels, and any ideas they might have for connecting with poetry.  
I started adding my times and grade levels tonight....It makes me smile to think we will be celebrating this day again soon.  And I can't wait to see who we will be connecting with too.
There are different places to find ideas.

On Poet.org website, you can find great information and resources for Poem In Your Pocket. 
                            
This Animoto shows our Poem In Your Pocket Day in 2011....It was so much fun! 

In this  blog post on Two Libraries, One Voice you can read more details about how my amazing friend John Schu and I celebrated on that day too.

We hope you all join us this special day.  Please go to the Google Doc for "Poem In Your Pocket Day" and find a few times to connect your students too. 

And start looking for the poem you will put into your pocket to share with everyone.  

2 comments:

  1. I appreciate your including the second week celebrations, as our schools are out on break on the 18th. I'll work my schedule into the google doc and try to connect to others in this nicely shared library poetry event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for starting the organizing document for this! I am looking forward to connecting my kids!

    ReplyDelete