Friday, January 11, 2013

Amazing StoryBirds Created By Two Fifth Graders Today....How Are You Using StoryBird Too?

When my students finish up with their projects that we are working on in library and technology class, I have a Symbaloo set up with several Web 2.0 tools and websites they can go to.  
I just created a new Symbaloo for the 5th graders that they are really enjoying.  It is filled with several of their favorites and new ones as well.  

One of their favorite Web 2.0 tools is StoryBird.  As the website states, "Storybird reverses visual storytelling by starting with the image and 'unlocking' the story inside.  Explore artists, get inspired, and write."

Today, Maddy and Olivia created two of the most amazing StoryBirds I have seen.  
 Maddy wrote Madam' L,amossa
Olivia wrote The Big Fuzzy Snow Guy

I can't wait to share and read these with my other students.  And I especially can't wait to see the books they create next.

And remember....StoryBird can be used by all ages, for all different subjects.

Students can rewrite a classic by putting a crazy twist on it using the images created by all of the wonderful artists in StoryBird. They can explain a science concept or retell a historical event.  You can team students up to collaborate on one together.....and even bring in parents to collaborate and read their own child's StoryBird.

I have had 6th graders create "Be Safe Online" StoryBirds to share with our kindergarteners and the 4th graders wrote them describing characteristics about themselves.  My social media class filled with high school students even created StoryBirds entitled "My Passion" which showed what they were passionate about.   These were great fun to read.

As you can see, the sky is the limit with StoryBird....just let the creativity happen and their voices be heard.

Tell us how you have used StoryBird too!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I heard about Storybird over the summer and saw potential for the classroom but have not revisited it since then. Your post reminded me to check it out again. Thanks for sharing actual student stories -- they are terrific!

    ReplyDelete