The Healthy Tip Corner

Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Creating Tonies Character Cards! Meet • Listen • Explore

This summer, I spent time thinking about the best way to bring our new Tonieboxes and Tonies to our new library and Makerspace when school starts. 
The first thing I did was decide how we would display and store them.  I love these wooden houses I found on Amazon and bought three of them. Hagan and Eric put them together for me. They will work perfectly hung in our library.  I haven't decided if I will hang them together or space them throughout the library. I will decide that later this week when we start organizing the new library. 

The next thing I thought about was creating a few things for our students to help them use the Tonies independently in the library and Makerspace, and when the teachers check them out to use in their classrooms. 
I kept coming back to a "trading card" or "menu" in my head.  I went to Canva and started putting my thoughts into a few designs.  I decided to create Tonies Character Cards! 
I created a card with a front and back. On the front, the Tonie character will be introduced.
On the back of the card, I created a place to include the Tonies Tracklist that can be found on the tonies website

Each character, like Pete the Cat here, has a special page on the website that includes everything you need to know....Features, Description, Running Time, and Tracklist.  The Tracklist is at the bottom of each characters page. 
For the back of the card I created, I just copied and pasted the Tracklist. 
I also added the character super tiny on the back, along with the book that goes along with that Tonies book character. 
I’ll have the books in a basket right by the Tonieboxes so our readers can grab a book and follow along with the story as they listen. I ordered the Tonies + Book Bundles from Follett Content, and I love that the Tonies and books come together as a bundle. It will make the listening experience even more special for our kids as they listen, read, and explore together.
At the very bottom of the card, I added simple directions on how to use the Toniebox and characters. 

Once I had all of the Tonies Character Cards completed in Canva, I downloaded them and printed them at their original size—3 x 4 inches, front and back.

Then I cut out each card, laminated them, and punched a hole in the corner. I made sure to plan for this when designing the cards so the hole wouldn’t cover or punch through any important information.

Since I have three houses, I split the Tonies into the three different houses, along with the cards for each. I attached each set of cards using a small metal ring. 

I asked Eric to add a small hook at the bottom of each house so I could hang the cards underneath them. 
Since the Tonieboxes will be displayed on the wall, this will give each group of Character Cards their own special place right alongside its Tonies. 

Here is Pete the Cat paired up with the...
...Pete the Cat Character Card. 

I love how these turned out and can't wait to see what our students and teachers think.  I will continue to add to them every time we get a new Tonies. 

My next project will be a bit of fun signage to explain everything.  I want to also identify the houses...maybe by the color of Toniesboxes since I have three different colors.  I will be sure to share all of  that too. 

You can find the Canva file for the Tonies Character Cards here, friends.

I would LOVE to hear how you display and organize you Tonies and Tonieboxes too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment