Sunday, June 16, 2019

Paper Toys & Lots Of Projects and Books About Creating With Paper!

Over the summer, I love it when I find extra special tweets and social shares with amazing resources.  It gives me time to really dig in and try things out.  

This happened a few days ago when my awesome friend Kathi shared this tweet above sharing the Paper Toys site. I have seen something like this before as I have been working on paper crafts in our library and other workshop events with teacher librarians and educators but this site was new to me and I just love it! 
 
You will find Paper Toys here.  It is filled with tons of free paper crafts including the ones Kathi shared,  famous landmarks, familiar objects,
 historical objects, famous places,
 and so much more.
Hagan and I loved finding one of his favorite places...Wrigley Field!  

When you click on any of the paper toys, you will find a place to view and print, and lots of ways to share on social media too.  

For these paper toys, I suggest printing them out on card stock for nice, crisp folds that hold up to being played with too.
My friend, Kristina, also shared another great resource today in this tweet....
 ...robives
where you will find lots of paper projects to download and make!  
As I added these sites to our resources to use next year at Van Meter School, I also thought about how we can tie in books and resources from the Let's Bring Literacy To Life Through Making Padlet under the Paper, Paper Planes and Paper, and Paper Doll categories. 

A few of my favorites are....
 Little Paper Planes which showcases 20 artists...
 ... and their versions of paper planes,
 After the Fall...How Humpty Dumpty Got Back Up Again, 
 Baby Loves Areospace Engineering, 
 My First Guide To Paper Airplanes, 
 and the 4D Paper Airplane series from Capstone.

Over the summer, I will look for other cool books and resources to add to the Padlet and to this project of creating and testing out the paper toys and lots of other fun things to create with paper.  I can't wait to see what our kids come up with for their own designs to make and share too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment