Tuesday, November 28, 2017

5 Ways Music Can Increase Student Engagement

The more we sing together, together, together.
The more we sing together, the happier we’ll be.
I loved singing The More We Get Together when I was a little girl. I remember singing it at school, in the car, at home, and as we walked down the road to my grandma’s house. Then when I became a mom, I sang it to my three children. And when I became a teacher librarian, we sang it in our library too.  
As a mom and a teacher, I always thought we should add… The more we sing together, the more engaged we will be!
This is the magic that we see when music is part of our collections woven throughout our libraries, classrooms, communities, and homes.
By bringing music to our libraries, collections, and students, we can promote literacy skills, deepen learning, and increase student engagement in so many ways. In fact, music can be a vital element in the development of children’s literacy and emotional skills, especially in the younger years.  
Let’s look at 5 ways music can help to increase student engagement. 
You will find this new post, 5 Ways Music Can Increase Student Engagement, on the Cantata Learning blog here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment