Thursday, May 19, 2016

My 5th Grade Friend Parker Codes His First Project In Scratch!

Today I went to school and had lunch with Hagan.  They have been learning about a few coding websites at school.

His classmate Parker told me earlier in the week that he had something to share with me.

And after school I got the best surprise.  Parker had sent me a little note with his brand new Scratch Studio!
Parker's Studio will be the place that he stores Projects, Comments, Activity and more.

I couldn't wait to look inside!
The first game Parker has created is called What Will I Find in Space. You can see it here.

To play the game, click on the green flag in the center of the screen.
     
I grabbed the embed code to share here on my blog.  Just click on the green flag to play here too. 
On the bottom of each game, you can Favorite and click on the heart to Love this project.  Of course, I clicked both for this awesome game Parker created.
You also have the option to Add this project to a studio you curate or remove it from a studio. 

On the right hand side of the screen, you can even See Inside the game. 
I love doing this with the Scratch games that others create.  It is incredible to see all of the coding that takes place to create one game.  

Way to go Parker for creating your first game....and thank you for sharing it with me.  We will be watching for what you create next.  

And I can't wait to see what Hagan creates over the summer in Scratch!  

You can sign up for Scratch here too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment