Wednesday, March 30, 2016

See Where Crayons Can Take You For "National Crayon Day" on March 31!

Crayons have always been one of my favorite things.  I love where colors take us. 

I love drawing, sketching, and coloring with them.  I love blending them together to make a new color.  

My sister Heather and I colored for hours.  Now I love it when Hagan and I color together....and hearing that Brianna is coloring with the crayons I sent her in Belgium. 
I love how all of the colors look together in the box.  I still remember when my Uncle Tony brought Heather and I brand new boxes of 64 crayons.  It was one of the best presents ever. 

I love how they still work even when broken.  I love how they look without their paper on and how they feel in your hand.  

I love how the old ones fill a red, metal bucket at our house.  They are my favorites as I imagine Brianna, Brady, and Hagan's tiny fingers holding them for the last 21 years.  I will always keep these. 
There is nothing like finding a brand new box of crayons on the shelf.  If it is a box of 96 or a box of 8.  They are always the best!  

This week is the perfect time to find a new box....or a handful of those broken ones that fill our crayon buckets everywhere.  
It is National Crayon Day tomorrow on March 31!  
With all of the coloring that is taking place in our libraries and schools the past few weeks, I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate these activities, events, and communities we are creating.  

As you and your students celebrate National Crayon Day, coloring, and creativity all year long, you will find lots of wonderful ideas on the Community Coloring and Creating Pinterest Board that Brianna and I created today.  
One of my favorite pins that we added is this infographic from Crayola explaining the fun history of crayons.  These facts and figures will be the perfect way to tie in a little history, reading, and writing to the day and activities too.
So pull out The Day The Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt, get your crayons and paper ready, rev up your creativity, and see where the crayons take you.

No comments:

Post a Comment