Wednesday, April 22, 2015

"Summer Reading With MackinVIA...Prevent The Summer Slide" From Iowa AEA 267!

I have been sharing I Want To Read from Mackin Educational Resources in all kinds of conversations about summer reading....I am super excited about this tools that they have created for our young learners in grades K-5.  It is such a terrific way to get your students connected to reading and writing all summer long.

You can read my post Connecting Our Readers All Summer Long With Mackin's New "I Want To Read" Website! to learn more about I Want To Read and...

check it out here too.  

Now I want to show you what one of the wonderful state Area Education Agency's in Iowa, AEA267, created with Mackin to support and encourage summer reading.  
They have created their very own I Want To Read platform with books they specifically picked out for the children within their area schools.   
Along with the I Want To Read AEA 267 website, they have created bookmarks and other materials to go along with the site in order to get everyone excited and connected to the program. 
As they kicked off this program, Mesa Heise from Mackin, along with the amazing people at AEA267, hosted a webinar last week, Summer Reading With MackinVIA...Prevent The Summer Slide. 

Within this webinar, they talk about the importance of summer reading and writing; the features of MackinVIA and how to access and use eBooks and eResources; and the I Want To Read website.
I hope you watch the webinar to collect some ideas for your own students and families.....And make sure you use and share the very special I Want To Read website too. 

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful and I am going to share this post with my ISTE Literacy Committee since we have started a discussion about what teachers are doing with summer reading and their students, thanks!

    ReplyDelete