Wednesday, December 10, 2014

There Was A Whole Lot Of "Making" Going On At The #TIES14 Conference In Minneapolis This Week!

WOW!  There was a whole lot of "Making" going on at the TIES Conference in Minneapolis this week.  

From the minute we walked into to see Make It Happen....Transforming Pedagogy with Technology we knew this was going to be an amazing experience with so many wonderful educators from Minnesota and other parts of the world. 
I had the honor of being asked to come and speak to a few different groups about Makerspaces at the conference.  On Monday and Tuesday, I spoke at the Principal Make It Happen Seminar.  On Monday afternoon, I also spoke at the Superintendent Make It Happen Seminar
It was a lot of fun speaking with these school district leaders and helping them understand the importance of and impact that Makerspaces can have within our schools and communities.  
When I went back in the afternoon I was excited to see what they had been creating and tinkering with throughout the day.
I know they really enjoyed this time together making.
On Tuesday afternoon I presented to a wonderful group of teacher librarians, classroom teachers, administrators and others.  

My presentation Bringing A New Voice To Libraries and Schools Through Makerspaces is one that I have been sharing around the country for the last few months.  It also one of my favorites.  

Thank you to Kari and everyone at TIES for inviting me to be part of your event.  I loved every minute of sharing and learning from everyone.  

You have inspired everyone to Make something out of the rest of their school year while bringing it back to students, teachers, parents, and others within their districts too. 

Let's all Make It Happen this year! 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the nice post. We truly enjoyed having you speak at the TIES Conference. Your knowledge and expertise was much appreciate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome, Kari. It was my honor. Thank you again. Have a beautiful holiday, Shannon

    ReplyDelete