Friday, March 14, 2014

A Library Journal "Movers & Shakers" Kind Of Week......And What It Means To Me

What a week this has been.....I always love weeks like this.  

We had a nice week at school with the Scholastic Book Fair, parent/teacher conferences, and are now on spring break until March 24th.  Today my family and I are heading to Disney World.....the first time for our youngest Hagan and my husband Robbie.  

And to top it off.....I was honored to be selected as one of the 2014 Movers & Shakers from Library Journal.  To read what my dear friends Matthew Winner and Joyce Valenza wrote means the world to me.....as I feel the same way about the two of them.  

I love being a teacher librarian and working with all of the children, teachers, and families in our community.  It is the most rewarding feeling to be able to make a difference in the lives of others. 

And to work alongside such amazing librarians and educators just makes this the best job ever.  We are all so blessed to have the network, colleagues, and friends that we do.  Together we are shaping the future of libraries, education, and the young people we work with. 

I was named as one of the Innovators along with my friends Tiffany Whitehead and Stephanie Ham.   
Today I had the chance to sit down and read about each new Mover & Shaker.  Congratulations to all of you.....It is inspiring to read your stories.  

I loved finding Ciro Scardina, teacher librarian at P.S. 18 on New York's Staten Island, and reading about the impact he is having within his school community.  
At the annual ALA conference in Las Vegas this summer we will all attend an event for the 2014 Movers & Shakers.

I can't wait to meet all of these amazing librarians and celebrate the ways we are moving and shaking the world.  Congrats again my friends.

I shared this with my school community this week.....It is because of 600 young people and wonderful family and friends that I get to do what I love so much each day.

The biggest thank you goes out to all of you.

Thank you Library Journal for connecting all of us with these faces each year.....To be celebrated for our contributions, persistence, creativity, and dedication is so very important.  

Not just for the ones who were mentioned in this years awards, but for librarians everywhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment