Monday, April 8, 2013

Iowa Teacher Librarians Really Know How To Throw A Conference! Two GREAT Days at the IASL (Iowa Association of School Librarians) Conference

It's always so much fun seeing my mentors, teachers, and amazing friends in Iowa.  People who have influenced me, inspired me, and encouraged me along the way.  Mary Jo Langhorne is one of these people in my life....along with others I had the pleasure of seeing this week.  
Yesterday we kicked off the IASL Spring Conference in Cedar Rapids at the Kirkwood Hotel.  My amazing friend Kathy Kaldenberg really knows how to throw a party as she is the committee chair for this awesome event.  
We have a great lineup that will keep us learning, connecting, and having fun throughout the day.  The schedule for the conference can be viewed here.  
                     
Kathy and Ernie Cox, who gave the opening keynote on Sunday, started sharing resources last night so I created the IASL Symbaloo to gather and share these with everyone.
Today, Buffy Hamilton kicked it off. She is truly inspiring and I love hearing her message.

I had fun presenting with Sarah Staudt.  Our presentation "iPad Apps and Imps" really got everyone thinking about implementing iPads and apps within a school community.
At lunchtime, I had the honor of giving the keynote.  I just loved sharing Be The Change You Want To See In The World,  the story of the teachers, administrators, and students at Van Meter, with my friends and colleagues at the conference.

I left them with the question of "How will you be the change?" and can't wait to hear what they have to share about being that change within their school libraries and communities.
It was also extra special because I had two of the most important people in my life at my presentation!  My Dad and Mom came and it was so wonderful having them there.  
All of these conference resources can be viewed at my IASL Conference 2013 Google Site.
There were great things shared at #iasl13 on Twitter.

We are always sharing on #iowatl too.

I hope everyone had the best day and took a few special things home to share with your students, teachers, administrators, families and school community.

You all inspire me every single day.

And remember we can all....

No comments:

Post a Comment